Petrie Forum
AUCKLAND, New Zealand -- Nate Marquardt tapped out James Te

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Petrie Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
jokergreen0220

BerichtGeplaatst: 30-11-2019 09:14:39    Onderwerp: AUCKLAND, New Zealand -- Nate Marquardt tapped out James Te Reageren met citaat
AUCKLAND, New Zealand -- Nate Marquardt tapped out James Te Huna in the first round of their main-event bout on Saturday at "UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs. Wholesale Jerseys For Sale . Marquardt," New Zealands first UFC card. Te Huna, who in 2010 became the UFCs first New Zealander, thrilled the crowd with his walk-in, which featured Maori warriors performing a traditional haka war dance. The energy carried into the cage, as both Te Huna and Marquardt started in rapid fashion. But after a few big exchanges on the feet, the end would come on the floor. Battling in the clinch against the cage, Marqaurdt (33-13-2) threw Te Huna (16-Cool to the canvas and moved immediately into mount. When Te Huna rolled to escape, Marquardt went to the back and then slipped off to the side, trapping the arm and extending it to earn a submission win with 26 seconds left in the opening round. "An armbar was not part of my plan," said Marquardt. "It just sort of happened." The nights heavyweight co-feature was a little light on action, but Jared Rosholt (11-1) picked up a one-sided decision win over Australian fan-favourite Soa Palelei (21-4). It was Rosholts wrestling pedigree that earned him the win, utilizing a grinding grappling attack to bring Palelei repeatedly to the floor and preventing him from really ever launching any sort of attack. The crowd often booed the slow-paced fight, but at the end of 15 minutes, it was clear Rosholt had done enough to win the fight, and he was awarded the victory with three scores of 30-27. "I was a little disappointed with that win," Rosholt admitted. "I had a vision to dominate, which I did, but not in the fashion I wanted. "My last few fights have gone the distance, which is disappointing but proves that I have the conditioning, which is definitely an advantage at this weight class." In a grappling-heavy featherweight matchup, Charles Oliveira (18-4) scored an impressive submission win over fellow jiu-jitsu ace Hatsu Hioki (27-8-2). The entertaining matchup saw both men transition and sweep to dominant positions on the floor while seeking submission opportunities. Multiple attempts came from both men, but it was a modified guillotine choke in the second round that sealed the victory for Oliveira. Trapped in the hold, Hioki was forced to tap out for the first time in his career. "My opponent tonight was very tough and challenging," Oliveira admitted after the fight. "I studied all of his fights and knew he would be tough. "I know we are in New Zealand, but you always hear Brazilians in the crowd. They are the most passionate fight fans and always make lot of noise. Tonight, they inspired me to take the win." In the nights first main-card matchup, New Zealand native Robert Whittaker (13-4) picked up an impressive decision win over fellow welterweight Mike Rhodes (6-3). Whittaker, the former winner of "The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes," was the better striker throughout the three-round affair, using crisp boxing to pick apart his opponent with a sharp jab and powerful right hand. Rhodes was a game opponent, offering counters until the end and never seeming to slow, but Whittakers relentless attack earned him all three rounds, and he was awarded an unanimous-decision win with scores of 30-27 across the board. "The game plan was to throw as many weapons at my opponent as possible," Whittaker said after the win. "Hats off to Mike -- he gave a lot and definitely took a lot of shots. I like to think I punch hard, so props to him to keep on going." Cheap Jerseys For Sale . Watch all the action unfold live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. You can also watch the game live with the debut of Wednesday Night Hockey on TSN.ca and chat throughout the game with TSN. Jerseys For Sale Outlet . Felix Pie had an RBI double earlier in the inning, as Baltimore rallied for three runs to overcome a 3-2 deficit. J.J. Hardy had two hits and Matt Wieters chipped in with an RBI double for the Orioles, who pushed their winning streak to three games. https://www.jerseysforsalechina.com/ . Catch all the action on TSN starting at 10:30pm et/7:30pm pt. Toronto won at Denver and Utah, but lost in Portland and Sacramento. The Kings loss was the most recent game for the Raptors.Reigning Olympic champion Andy Murray will spearhead Great Britains challenge at Rio 2016 after being named alongside his brother Jamie in a four-player squad. Murray, who won gold at London 2012 after beating Roger Federer in the mens singles final, will play singles, doubles with Jamie and mixed doubles with his likely partner being world No 18 Johanna Konta.Heather Watson, who played in the womens singles four years ago, has also been selected in the GB team. Murray, beaten in the French Open final last weekend by Novak Djokovic, led Britain to the Davis Cup title in November and has targeted the Olympics as one of his goals this year.There is invaluable Olympic experience in this squad with both Andy and Jamie selected for their third, and Heather for her second successive Olympic Games, said Mark England, chef de mission for the British Olympic team. Andy Murray and Jamie Murray are set to team up in the mens doubles Doublle medallist Andy is the defending mens singles champion and Jamie one of the worlds best doubles players. Fake Jerseys For Sale. Heather I am sure will lean on the experience from London 2012 and use that to her advantage; and it is brilliant to welcome Johanna into the team for the first time after a sensational year so far. Johanna Konta is also heading to Rio Murray, who claimed his first Grand Slam title at the US Open shortly after winning gold in London, is ranked No 2 in the ATP rankings, the same as brother Jamie in doubles.Playing for Britain during London 2012 gave me some of the best memories I have in sport, Murray, 29, said.I cant wait to get to Rio to try and win more medals. Also See: Murray will not stay in village Federer reaches last four Konta crashes out Will Rafa return? ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Petrie Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: