Petrie Forum
As the Toronto Maple Leafs return from their Olympic break,

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Petrie Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
jokergreen0220

BerichtGeplaatst: 24-03-2020 09:35:37    Onderwerp: As the Toronto Maple Leafs return from their Olympic break, Reageren met citaat
As the Toronto Maple Leafs return from their Olympic break, Jonathan Bernier appears firmly entrenched as their starter while James Reimer is filling the back-up role. Jalen Hurd Super Bowl Jersey . Reimer told TSNs Mark Masters on Tuesday that he doesnt know if he will be moved leading up to the March 5 trade deadline but added he wasnt interested in discussing it. "Who knows whats going to happen on the horizon here and right now I dont know if I want to talk about it too much." Reimer said he is at a juxtaposition, between being happy in Toronto yet yearning to start games. "I love playing here and obviously I want to be a starter, so its been an interesting year." The 25-year-old added that would be hard on him to leave the Maple Leafs organization. "This is the team I was drafted by and this is definitely a place I dreamed of playing my whole career." Reimer has played in 24 of the Leafs 60 games this season and started 33 of 48 games in the Leafs lockout-shortened 2013 campaign. He also started all seven 2013 playoff games. Reimer admitted that seeing a large reduction in playing time has not been easy on him. "Anytime you go from playing a lot of games to not its a hard pill to swallow. You want to play, you want to be the guy & you want to give your team the best chance to win. Theres no feeling like that other then when youre in there," Reimer told Masters. When he asked if he has proven himself as a starter in the NHL, Reimer said he didnt believe there was any question. "As far as Im concerned, I dont think its up for debate. I feel like Ive had a couple of solid years where Ive played really well. And obviously, last year went to the playoffs and led a team to the playoffs when probably a lot of people didnt expect us to go. Yeah, I feel like Ive played well and I dont think theres much debate for it. Maybe other people think so. I dont know." Reimer has a 10-6-1 record with 3.25 goals against average and a .911 save percentage with the Leafs this season. DeForest Buckner Super Bowl Jersey .C. -- Martin Kaymer set a U. Arik Armstead Super Bowl Jersey .Best moustache: How can we not give this to Lanny McDonald? Check out the duster for yourself. https://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Weston-Richburg-Jersey/ . The (14-15-5) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 33 points. They trail sixth place Nashville and fifth place Dallas by two points.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Given the number of Buffalo Sabres players being mentioned in trade talks, interim coach Ted Nolan has established a running joke with captain Steve Ott. "You dont want to make light of it, but every day when I walk in, I say, Steve, youre still here," Nolan said, with a chuckle after the teams pre-game skate Friday. The question remains, for how long? And the buzz leading up to the NHLs trade deadline Wednesday hasnt been limited to Ott, who is in the final year of his contract and eligible to become a free agent this summer. Goalie Ryan Miller, forward Matt Moulson and veteran defenceman Henrik Tallinder are also being shopped because their contracts are coming up, too. And add defenceman Christian Ehrhoff to the group after confirming he recently complied with the Sabres request to submit a list of eight teams that would make up the no-trade clause of his contract. Though the submission of the list doesnt guarantee Ehrhoff will be dealt, it suggests the 10-year veteran has been the subject of trade conversations. Ehrhoff was not caught by surprise. "No, not really because obviously, we are in 30th place and they have to be prepared," said Ehrhoff, who declined to reveal what teams were on his list. "Its just part of the business. Ill keep focusing on hockey." The Sabres (17-34-Cool, who host San Jose on Friday, are bracing for a shakeup under newly hired general manager Tim Murray, who continues to drop major hints that hes eager to make big splashes in a bid to rebuild the NHLs worst team through youth. On Tuesday, Murray confirmed hes shopping Miller, adding hes fielded calls from more than two but fewer than 10 teams. On Friday, during an interview with Torontos FAN 590, Murray narrowed the number of teams interested in Miller to about five, while adding that much of his entire roster is available. "Theres no untouchables," said Murray, who took over in early January. "Its a rebuild." The Sabres are in the midst of an overhaul that began under Murrays predecessor, Darcy Regiier, who was fired in November. Nick Bosa Super Bowl Jersey. Buffalo will likely miss the playoffs for a third straight season and hasnt won a playoff round since 2007, when the team reached the Eastern Conference finals before losing to Ottawa. The roster purge began last season, when the Sabres traded numerous high-priced veterans, including captain Jason Pominville. And it continued into October, when Thomas Vanek was traded to the New York Islanders for Moulson and a first-round draft pick. The Sabres, as a result, have stockpiled draft picks. They could have as many as two first-round and three second-round selections in this years draft. Buffalo also has a solid group of prospects in its farm system, including defencemen Rasmus Ristolainen and Nikita Zadorov, who were both drafted in the first round in June. Murrays objective is to add more draft picks or young prospects. Ehrhoff has value because hes a dependable two-way defenceman who leads the team averaging 24:02 of ice time per game, and leads Sabres blue liners with 28 points (six goals, 22 assists). Hes in his third season with Buffalo after signing a 10-year, $40 million contract on June 30, 2011. Miller, who is set to start against San Jose, has already spent much of this week reminiscing about his 11 seasons in Buffalo, and making sure to thank fans for their support. "Its a great place to play hockey. You feel part of something. You feel appreciated," said Miller, who holds franchise records with 284 wins and 540 games played. "With the uncertainty, you dont want to miss an opportunity to say, Thank you." Miller recalled with a laugh the time a fan approached him at a local grocery store to provide pointers on how to hold his stick. And then there were the times when "sweet old ladies" would come up and hug him and suggest he needs to eat more. "I always got a kick out of the people who wanted to get me more to eat because they thought I was a little thin," said Miller, who is 6-foot-2 and 168 pounds. "Its good that people care." ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Petrie Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: