Petrie Forum
SURREY, B. [url=http://www.brownsauthenticproshop.com/Youth-

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Petrie Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
jokergreen0220

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-08-2019 08:28:18    Onderwerp: SURREY, B. [url=http://www.brownsauthenticproshop.com/Youth- Reageren met citaat
SURREY, B. Odell Beckham Jr Womens Jersey .C. -- B.C. Lions starting quarterback Travis Lulays recovery from off-season shoulder surgery appears to be on schedule as he takes part in the teams mini-camp. But with off-season signing Steven Jyles absent and his future in question, the Lions are lacking a bona fide backup with CFL experience. Lulay limited the number of throws while only making short passes in drills Tuesday, the second day of a three-day mini-camp for offensive players at the teams Surrey, B.C., training complex. But he was hopeful of being ready for main training camp in June. "Its getting better," said Lulay. "Its been a good couple days to come out and throw the ball around. Obviously, Im still limited, Im still progressing to getting back to where I need to be. But its been a really good measuring stick for this stage of the game." Lulay underwent surgery to repair a damaged labrum suffered in a collision while scoring a touchdown in September. He missed six regular-season games but was able to play in the Western semifinal loss to the Calgary Stampeders. "Im being cognizant of my numbers," he said. "Im just not over-throwing because the biggest thing is, with a shoulder, its such a delicate joint. Over-doing it is one of the worst things you can do. "So Im just understanding that its a progression and just taking steps up the ladder each week. This (camp) is just another part of that. The mobility, the range, is great. Its just continuing to get that end range (i.e. long-pass) and that strength back." General manager Wally Buono said medical reports indicate that Lulay will be ready for the main training camp in Kamloops, B.C., and the quarterback has gone "way beyond the call of duty" in his recovery efforts. "The camp was held at this time for a specific reason," said Buono. " (Part) of it was to make sure Travis could go out and do all the things that hes been doing. Right now, it looks very promising." Jyles, who has seven years of CFL experience but did not play last season because his services were not in demand, was conspicuous by his absence after agreeing to terms with the Lions in April. "Im fine with it," said Buono. "As I intimated before, we were going to bring five quarterbacks to this camp, and one of the things we were going to do was evaluate which quarterback we probably wouldnt invite to the main camp. So this, right now, is just helping our decision." Jyles absence left the Lions with four QBs in the mini-camp. With new offensive co-ordinator Khari Jones beginning to implement his system, this is an important time for quarterback hopefuls to start learning the revised playbook and executing plays in advance of the clubs main June training camp. However, the camp is voluntary for those invited. Jyles, who has three young children, is working in the Dallas area. "I respect the fact that he put his family first," said Buono. "Obviously, (deciding whether to pursue an unguaranteed spot with the Lions) is not an easy decision and, at this point, he felt it was just best not to leave his job." Since beginning his CFL career in 2006, Jyles has had two stints with Edmonton and also played for Saskatchewan, Winnipeg and Toronto. With Jyles absent, second-year Lion Chris Hart is the only other quarterback at the camp with CFL experience. NFL veteran John Beck, 32, and Jarrett Lee, who was drafted in 2012 by the San Diego Chargers but did not play in the NFL, are also signed and taking part in the mini-camp. Hart spent most of last season as the clubs fourth quarterback, but feels he has "improved a lot" since he took part in an offensive mini-camp a year ago. "I dont want to say anything (on the backup job)," he said. "I let the coaches do their job and pick who they need to pick. Im just battling for the job and Im going to compete. Im going to work hard like Im No. 1." "Obviously, this is a good test for him, too, because we spent a year with him," said Buono. "Hopefully, hes a lot more comfortable. Hopefully, even though the system is new, the verbiage is easier for him." Beck, a second-round selection of the Miami Dolphins in the 2007, is looking to secure regular employment with the Lions after taking a winding path to B.C. In addition to the Dolphins, he played six seasons with Baltimore, Washington and Houston. The Brigham Young University grad has started seven NFL regular-season games and thrown for 1,417 yards and three touchdowns on 140 completions. Beck spent last season out of football. But instead of pursuing a different career, he spent his time honing his skills while enjoying extra time with his wife and their three sons and hoping for a team to call. "Ive gotta be honest," he said. "Id never really anticipated that my journey would take me to Canada. My journey started in the NFL. I thought thered be some really good opportunities in it for me, and my journey started off in the situation you dont want have it start off on. Go to (Miami) the worst team in the NFL and have everybody get fired. It cant get much worse than that. "But Im very excited that my journey has taken me here. Thats the fun part about it. Im excited for the opportunity thats here." Lee spent five years at Louisiana State, a perennial powerhouse, where he completed 317-of-565 attempts for 3.949 yards and 32 touchdowns. New offensive co-ordinator Jones believes that Lulay is "on track" to being ready to start the season and is not perturbed by Jyles absence. "My job is to coach the guys that are out here," said Jones. "If he shows up, then he shows up." Notes: The Lions were forced to find a new backup after former backup Thomas DeMarco was claimed by Ottawa in the CFL expansion draft, veteran Buck Pierce retired to become an assistant coach with Winnipeg, and Joey Elliott was released after two stints with B.C. last season. a Veteran offensive guard Patrick Kabongo, entering the option year of his contract, is not attending the camp as he works outside of football in Edmonton. Bernie Kosar Womens Jersey . Watching them over the past year - and in some cases, two years - has given us a starting point for this seasons Craigs List. Jarvis Landry Jersey . -- LeGarrette Blount made one last big splash into a soggy end zone. http://www.brownsauthenticproshop.com/Youth-Chad-Thomas-Browns-Jersey/ . -- Orleans Darkwa ran in from 1 yard with 1:45 left, and the Miami Dolphins rallied from two scores down in the final minutes to beat the Dallas Cowboys 25-20 on Saturday night.Seamus Coleman insists Everton must have a strong finish to the season if they hope to keep their squad together beyond the summer. Roberto Martinezs side are 12th in the Premier League after a disappointing campaign, especially at home where they have lost eight of their 16 matches.Everton do have an FA Cup semi-final to look forward to, and Coleman insists winning the cup will mark a successful season, but there is more to lose if they end up in the bottom half. Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports ahead of their clash with Manchester United on Super Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1HD, Coleman said: Overall we just have not been good enough this season. At times as individuals, we have not turned up and that is disappointing from that aspect.I dont think anyone can say theyre happy with how its gone so far. Unfortunately at times we just have not been good enough and we want to now put that right for the fans.The cup run has been positive but the league hasnt been great by our standards and were all man enough to know that. Its disappointing not to be up there in the mix for the European places and, with the way the seasons gone, its been a missed opportunity.We need to get things right in the league and give the fans something to cheer. Everyone knows the potential we have and we need to win more games.You get closer to the transfer window and you see your name being linked with teams. Sometimes its speculation, sometimes its truee. Custom Cleveland Browns Jerseys. I cant speak for the other lads, for me personally I just get on with the job in hand.We dont want to finish in the bottom half of the table and we shouldnt be. Hopefully we can have a good finish, win the cup and keep everyone together. Coleman (left) is targeting victory in the FA Cup this season Evertons away form has been in complete contrast to their form at Goodison Park, with just one defeat on the road all season, but Coleman insists it has nothing to do with added pressure from home support.Every time you go on the pitch in the Everton jersey, home or away, theres pressure on you. I dont know if that pressure is an excuse because its the job were in, he said.Were going to Old Trafford on Sunday and, no matter what team or manager is there, its a big stadium and its always difficult going there. We have to focus on ourselves and put things right. Watch the full interview with Seamus Coleman as part of the Super Sunday build-up to Manchester United v Everton. Coverage starts at 12.30pm. Also See: Everton video Everton fixtures Everton stats Get a free £10 bet ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Petrie Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: